Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Liberals and the Others

Since our federal election is right around the corner, I thought I would do some surfing to find "an alternative" (Stephan Harper's campaign office is 1 block from my front door). Interestingly enough, I found a few such alternatives . . . though I have not had the time to comprehensively review their platforms, their party names capture my imagination. Check 'em out: the Separation Party of Alberta, the Western Refederation Party of British Columbia, and the Western Block Party (yes there is also the Marxist-Leninist Pary of Canada, not to be confused with the Communist Party of Canada, or the Animal Alliance
Environment Voters
Party of Canada
). Some other rambling, if anyone out there understands all of this, how is the Bloc Quebecois able to remain "Charter-free" with membership as a federal party? BTW, I tried to see if the BQ site had an English version, no luck. I wonder if there are any BQ candidates outside of Quebec?

No comments: